The Skeletal System
(Worksheet was adapted from Davidson County Public Schools in Nashville,
Go on a virtual treasure hunt to dig up the dirt on bones! You will need to find the answers for the following questions. Be sure to click on the underlined words in each sentence to find the answer.
1. What are the five major jobs of the skeletal system?
2. What do you call the part of the skeleton which protects the brain?
How many bones are in a baby's head?
3. The parts of the skeleton which protect the heart and lungs
are called the _______.
6. What do you call the soft stuff in the middle of bones?
11. Find the sketch of the parts of a bone. Copy it below.
1. What are some suggestions for adding calcium to your diet? Find and write one calcium-rich food for each meal.
2. To find out what would
happen to our bones without proper nutrition, click here and scroll way down
to Try This and look at the experiment with chicken bones at the bottom of the page.
4. What animal has the same number of neck bones as you do?